Friday, May 10, 2013

Why I returned the Galaxy S4 - Galaxy Note 3 Fever - Android Authority

s4-samsung-galaxy-vs-galaxy-note-2-bezels-straight featured

an endless consumer of the latest mobile technology, I’m Both privileged and cursed to experience the latest and greatest, Generally before most people in the world get to. Ah, but before you start cursing me – please consider the affliction with Which I am cursed. I have a confession to make.

a power user of mobile technology, I like to see how far I can push the limits of what my devices can do. Only upon spilling coffee all over my computer did I realize how much I could actually get work done on my Nexus and Note 2 10.

So what is my curse? I’m hooked on big ass phones.

s4-samsung-galaxy-vs-galaxy-note-2-bezels- angle-2

The AMOLED panel on the S4 [right] is the best in the world. It will be the expresso to Note 3, in a larger form.

The Galaxy S4′s display is, beyond the shadow of any doubt, the best ever made AMOLED display. Some say it’s the best mobile display created, ever. While Both assertions Remain in the realm of personal opinion, there’s no doubt que Samsung continues to hold the crown in this particular category, and at last count, dominates over 90% of all sales AMOLED panel, worldwide.

So why did I return my Galaxy S4? A reasonable question, dear reader. Let’s see why.

s4-samsung-galaxy-vs-galaxy-note-2-bezels-bottom

Folks, screen real estate and pixel density are like smoking addictive drugs. Once you get a taste it’s Very difficult to go back to the ‘Weaker’ stuff.

But poor credibility and damaging analogies aside, I really wanted to love the S4. I tried so desperately to feel an attraction to it, partly because that’s what we are the Consumers of mobile technology – always looking for the next best thing. Innovation and the relentless pursuit of ever improved technologies are what drives the consumerism Both the culture, and the practice. And it’s all fine. Change is good, and, if you consider the top tier phones of yesteryear, then you will realize que Undoubtedly we have come so far in such a short team.

Some still very excellent handsets from yesteryear

Some still very excellent handsets from yesteryear

For me, the Galaxy Note 2 scratches the itch special. When I leave my computer, I feel guilty. I think, “Oh, I will not be able to get any work done.” But then I let my fingers grace over my left pocket and I feel that good old family strong, rectangular shape, and I am comforted que I have a device that works the hard of the I, and que one can take a licking, too. It remains the only the device that I’ve been able to drop, Both in the video below, and in my current life que has been able to sustain the savage abuse I subject to my devices. Sorry folks, I can not help it.

Maybe it’s because I’ve seen what happens When devices are dropped que my perspective is a bit altered. The bottom line is this – my lust for the new device will not be vanquished until I have the Galaxy Note 3 in my hands. I think there’s a special kind of geek out there que can appreciate what I’m laying down. You are among friends, lover Note 2. You’re reading the words of one right now. You Have those que style and aesthetic value. You Have those que value simplicity and build quality. And then you have power users que simply demand more.

s4-samsung-galaxy-vs-galaxy-note-2-2-backs

The only caveat I have about the Galaxy Note 2, and devices in its class, When You are truly only have access to one hand. For me, this problem is quite limited, because I do not use my device in a passive fashion. I dominate Them, Them control, and make Them do my bidding. This requires two hands, more or less. I am the creator of information, not a passive, consumer swip and swipe.

I'm hooked on super thin bezels, bro. Loving Me LG's Optimus G Pro

I’m hooked on super thin bezels, bro. Loving me LG’s Optimus Pro L

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. We live in exciting times. Competition has never been fierce between the manufacturers. While much of the market is controlled by the two major players Samsung and Apple, there remains opportunities for Those que can strike the right balance of excellent build quality, the latest technology, and by aggressively pricing Their devices.

Cheers, guys, and thanks for reading Android Authority . We work around the clock to serve you, lover mobile device! Bring on the Note 3! How about you? Love your Nexus 4? iPhone 5? HTC One? What’s the perfect size for you? What is the single most important thing que stands out for you When You choose your device? You know what to do below!

No comments:

Post a Comment